Article Dumping: Writer's Block Edition:
- Notes from the Slushpile: Second Book Syndrome, or How putting one book behind you can unleash a brand new world: With some MS Paint magic!
- Jeff Goins, Writer: The Difference Between Art and Entertainment: Art transforms us.
- Writers In The Storm: What Makes a Good Book Cover?: Why it can be considered a science.
- Kirssy Media Ink: A Word Aspiring Writers Don't Use Enough: "No."
- Jody Hedlund: How Much Interaction Should Authors Have With Readers?: The more visible and relatable an author remains the better.
- Write to Done: How To Write a Best Seller – Advice From an Olympic Medal Winner: Be prepared to endure an apprenticeship.
- Storyfix: Hunger Games 6 — The Stealth Power of Sequencing: A series of scenes fulfilling a mission.
- Daily Writing Tips: 50 Tips on How to Write Good: Psst, take a close look at the title.
- The Blood-Red Pencil: Why Novelists Should Write Flash: Flash fiction can strengthen your craft. Not to mention "flash" is a spunky word.
- Help! I Need a Publisher!: Listen to constructive criticism: Even published novels are imperfect.
- YA Indie: Should you write a sequel? Or make your book a trilogy?: Just make sure each installment is a story by itself; not filler.
- The Writer's Resource: Plotting A Romance Novel: Back from hiatus!
- Bryan Thomas Schmidt: The Importance Of Reaching Beyond Female Stereotypes: Why the phrase "strong female character" still exists.
- Jami Gold, Paranormal Author: Has Writing Made Your Life…Strange?: Who else would go off on a "grains" zombie tangent?
edited 6th Jun '12 1:01:59 PM by chihuahua0
edited 9th Jun '12 1:08:37 PM by KillerClowns
- Suite T: What's the Point of Publishers?: It's a matter of ego.
- #amwriting: What has LRP ever done for me…: It's serious business! *
- Krissy Media Ink: 3 Unappealing but Effective Ways to Make Time to Write: Do what you have to do.
edited 11th Jun '12 1:35:37 PM by chihuahua0
- Jody Hedlund, Author: Can Writers Earn a Living Writing Just One Book a Year?: No, but...
- Jami Gold, Paranormal Author: 3 Reasons to Love the Writing Community: Random acts of kindness!
- Procrastinating Writers: Pen Name: How To Create Yours: Marketable is the keyword.
- Terribleminds: The Indie Writer Rejection Meme: Support good authors with good books!
- Building Character: Witer’s Neurosis 101: With pictures!
- Readin N Writin with Patricia: The Secret Myth of Traditional Publishing: A publishing contract is not a guarantee.
- Duolit: Be Narrow Minded: 11 Questions to Turn a Target Market into a Reader Profile: A fun exercise.
- The Bookshelf Muse: 5 Techniques for Adding Subtext to your Story: Secret, secret refresher post.
- Jody Hedlund, Author: Are the Demands on the Modern Writer Growing Unbearable?: Classical composers had it worse.
- Katie Ganshert: Deep Point of View: Be careful with authorial intrusions and prepositional telling.
- Writability: Why You Need to Stop Rewriting: Relive the scenes instead.
- Moody Writing: What Makes Your Character Think That'll Work?: Have a very good reason.
- The Bookshelf Muse: A Worthy Cause, and a Few Words on Good Description: Got a couple of good examples.
- Novel Rocket: Sure Fire Way To Get Rid Of Your Typos: Reading aloud makes a difference.
edited 19th Jun '12 7:28:21 PM by Morven