- is it plausible for them to take exception to a kid who calls himself a superhero wandering around in their territory?
- if he asked them how he could tell what was and wasn't their territory, would they give him a straight answer? (I had one guy point out their marking on a nearby wall, but it sort of reads wrong to me.)
- how do you spot gang members - would they all have a certain piece of clothing such as wearing the same hat?
- how would they react if they came across a guy who wasn't part of any gang mugging a random passer-by in their territory?
- what are some plausible-sounding (but not real) gang names?
edited 24th May '11 5:34:46 PM by Firebert
edited 24th May '11 5:42:30 PM by QQQQQ
- If by "take exception" he means "get pissed" then yes.
- Probably not, but it would depend on the gang. The Latin Kings for instance will usually just kill you, but some of the more civil sects of gangs like the Spiders will give you a vague answer and maybe let you go
- Generally, they'll all be wearing the same color clothing. Often a rag of that color will be hanging out of their pockets or pulled up over their face. Examples; Crips: Blue, Bloods: Red, Latin Kings: Black and Yellow, Hoovers: Orange, Spiders: Green, and so on and so on and so on. If he's coming up with a fictional gang, I'd advise making their color purple.
- Depends on what their relation to the passerby is, if that guy is part of their gang, or friends with one or more gang members, the mugger can expect the shit to get kicked out of him. If he's a nobody, it again depends on the gang. Gangs that started out as vigilante groups (eg, the Black Stones) will usually step in, but others won't.
- Again, depends on the gang.
- Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
edited 27th May '11 8:53:10 PM by jasonwill2
You need to Get Known to get one of those.