- Alternative Character Interpretation: Considering that the play was unfinished and opens for much interpretation, oh so much. If we list them, we would be here all night. There is much more than the list here.
- Andres is the last remaining piece of sanity in Woyzeck's head.
- Marie was raped.
- Is Woyzeck sympathetic or to be rightfully blamed?
- The voices are real.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The doctor makes a crazy experiment with Woyzeck, feeding him nothing but peas. And in 1867, a German invented Erbswurst, a kind of instant soup made of peas and bacon. The Prussian ministry of war fed some of their soldiers nothing but Erbswurst soup and bread for six weeks. Didn't stop them to win the Franco-Prussian War, though.
- Nightmare Fuel
- Tear Jerker: From the Waits/Wilson rock opera: "All the World is Green", "The Part You Throw Away"
- Vindicated by History: Büchner's play not only was unfinished, but also far ahead of its time in many ways. In the 20th century it became a classic of stage and screen.