* AwesomeMusic: Of course, every game's "Wormsong", lyrical (''Armageddon'') or not (''World Party'') are awesome to listen to. Some of ''Worms 2'''s soundtrack counts, particularly "Yesterday's Hero" and ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_KV58bpc6U Bad Boy Boggy B]]''.
** ''Worms: Reloaded'' features remixes of Generic, Battlezone, Forest and Outerspace. Outerspace in particular somehow turns the song from ''Armageddon'' into a rather somber theme.
** Began when, instead of releasing a patch to make ''Armageddon'' work on XP and fix the hacked and broken ranking system, [=Team17=] released the almost-the-same-as-Armageddon ''World Party'' and then the spin-off puzzle game ''Blast''. Ended either with ''Worms 3D'' or when [=Team17=] hired some of the game's modders to work on updating ''Armageddon''.
** A significant amount of the fanbase regard [[PolygonCeiling the entire 3D era]], especially ''Worms Forts'' as one massive DorkAge. [=Team17=] may actually agree on this one.
* EarWorm: The theme song:
--> We are worms, we're the best, and we've come to win the war.
--> We'll stand and never run, stay until it's done,
--> Though our friends may fall, and our world be blown apart,
--> We'll strike with all our might, we'll fight for what is right, till the end.
* GoodBadBug: In the first game, having an almost invincible worm for one turn or shooting explosives with the Uzi is fun.
* MostWonderfulSound: The Holy Hand Grenade.
* NightmareFuel: Sudden death, at least in ''Armageddon'', can actually be quite spooky. Especially if it involves a nuclear strike making all the worms sick, because in that case a more frantic [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU1kwjnVigg soundtrack]] plays, complete with blaring sirens and the occasional sounds of a clicking Geiger counter as well as shuffling reminiscent of marching in the background. Made even worse as the falling background objects that float in the direction of the wind turn into skulls that morph back and forth between that and a mushroom cloud.
** ''Worms Armageddon'' and ''Worms World Party'' both have the aptly named "Hell" music track that involves crackling fire and screams of the damned being tortured (complete with the repeated sound of ''bones being broken'').
* ScrappyMechanic: At least in ''WA'', we have this really annoying thing where if your worm stands too close to a wall and you try to jump towards that wall, or even jump while standing on an arguably steep hill, your worm may instead jump in the ''opposite'' direction, with absolutely no warning that it will happen. Cue countless cases of accidentally killing or harming your worm, followed by an AtomicFBomb. Why didn't they just make the worms jump straight upward in such cases is anyone's guess.
** ''Worms 3D'':
*** A Quick Fix. The basic idea of having to place mines in a way that doesn't make them explode and triggers the win condition is bad enough, but on top of that you have to deal with enemy worms that are way too efficient at killing off your worms. The worst part? If you want to get the golden trophy on this level, you have to do all this as fast as possible ''and you aren't even aware how much time you have left.''
*** Beautiful Balloon. You have to shoot down 5 planes away from the balloon you're standing on, and your only means of offense is a bazooka. Needless to say, unless you're an absolute god at this game, teleporting onto one of those planes and then shooting them down from there is a must. And once again you have to deal with a hidden time limit if you want a golden trophy...
** Going 3D.
** Some players feel the series peaked with the ''United'' expansion, and the absolute impossibility of ''playing'' the first generation games on a modern Windows machine -- or a modern multi-core processor machine -- cause them no end of pain.
** ''Reloaded'' tweaked a lot of the core gameplay, and is a highly controversial installment among old fans. In particular, the revised Ninja Rope mechanics in ''Reloaded'' are unpopular as they feel too different from before.
** ''Revolution'' changes lighting from ''Reloaded'' to do damage instead of heal, THAT would have been nice to know.