* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: Lots of the soundtrack, which contains both recent, indie songs and some more classic songs (Peggy Lee). Also, Bruce Hornsby.
* CultClassic: Has a large following among black comedy fans and those who see this movie as Robin Williams' last amazing performance.
* HarsherInHindsight: Lance Clayton states that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and that it should be avoided. Robin Williams committed suicide in 2014 - and his death was attributed to asphyxiation, [[spoiler:which is how Kyle dies in the movie]].
* SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments: The very, very end where [[spoiler:Lance, his neighbor, and Andrew (Kyle's only friend, who knew Lance faked the note and the journal all along) watch zombie movies together as fellow outcasts.]]
* HeReallyCanAct: Robin Williams had been doing serious movies for decades and won an Oscar over 10 years before this film, but it was still a far cry from the lowest-common-denominator stuff he'd been doing over the past few years.
* MisaimedFandom: Probably intentional. There are posts on this film's IMDB board about how "awesome" Kyle is.
* TheScrappy: Kyle.
** [[spoiler:Kyle's death, at least for Lance. His break down when he realizes Kyle is dead and his anguished sobs being drowned out by the film's music are really something to behold. The audience only cries because they're sad for Lance, not because they miss Kyle.]]
** The pool scene at the end might make you cry tears of joy since it shows Lance is finally free. It's also somewhat sad because of the RealitySubtext: It's the last time we ever saw Robin's chest without the scar from his heart surgery.