* CrossoverShip: LOTS of people ship Wally with Franchise/CarmenSandiego. There's a certain appeal [[OppositesAttract when they're so different]] but so good at getting lost... She's a [[GentlemanThief dashing, sophisticated thief with a ruthless streak]] and he's the [[SingleWomanSeeksGoodMan sweet-hearted, amiable guy who can keep up with her.]] It's fun.
* EarWorm: The theme song.
--> ''Where? Where? Where? Where's Wally?'' ''[[BassoProfondo Wh-wh-wh-where's Wally? There he is!]]''
* FoeYay: Odlaw apparently spends 24/7 stalking Wally by peering through his windows and following him everywhere he goes, having no life outside this. He seems to do this off camera as well, as in one episode, the camera comes up behind him spying on Wally and the narrator asks him to get out of the way, to which Odlaw replies, "Oh. I didn't know you were filming today."
* MemeticMutation: Waldo soon invaded the pop culture in a big way, with spoofs of his character turning up (among other places) in ''Film/TheNakedGun'' film series and on the ''Series/AmericasFunniestHomeVideos'' spinoff ''America's Funniest People''.
* NightmareRetardant: Look up "Where's Waldo?" on the internet and prepare to find "frightening" prank games.
* ThatOneLevel: "The Fantastic Journey" has a rare non-video game example (though the book ''does'' have its own game adaptation) with [[spoiler:the Land of Wallies. You have to find Wally in a world that's filled with them and the only clue you've got is that he's missing a shoe]].
* TheProblemWithLicensedGames: The dreadful NES game, often cited among the worst video games ever made. Not only are the graphics very tiny and simplistic, but on higher difficulties Waldo takes on bizarre color schemes. For example, it's not uncommon to see a Waldo with dark green skin and a dark brown/dark green striped shirt. And you thought he was hard enough to find in his normal outfit...
** The [=SNES=] game isn't great, being one of the shortest games on the system. Every time you make a menu selection, you get to hear the same low pitched "Where's Waldo" voice sample. [[MostAnnoyingSound Every. Damn. Time.]]