YMMV: Waltz with Bashir
- Animation Age Ghetto: The director had a great deal of difficulty getting funding for a serious documentary about a massacre that is also animated.
- Award Snub: It lost the Best Animated Feature nomination to Bolt and Kung Fu Panda, apparently because it's a documentary (or not suitable for children, but we're sure the Academy is above such immature reasoning). The fact that it's animated ALSO disqualifies it from Best Documentary. However it did get a Best Foreign Language Film nomination.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The German porn video probably qualifies as one of these, as it is animated in loving detail and leaves nothing to the imagination.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The eponymous "Waltzing with Bashir" scene. While The Squad is under fire, Frenkel rips an FN MAG machine gun from a squadmate and starts waltzing across the street while firing it at the general direction of the enemies with a huge picture of the Lebanese president on the background. Damn...
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Haunted Ocean
- Freud Was Right: Galil shrinkage.
- Nightmare Fuel: Most of the movie. The first scene with the monstrous dogs is an example, but by far the most disturbing instance is the "slaughterhouse", a place where the Phalangists interrogated Palestinian suspects, executed them and collected body parts as trophies. The whole scene looks like a terrifying bad acid trip.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Political?: Ari Forman once said that the most difficult part of making the film was not taking sides when discussing the war and wanted to say that he felt war itself was terrible.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?