YMMV: Walk Hard
- Better on DVD: There's little question that American Cox: The Unbearably Long, Self-Indulgent Director's Cut is the superior version of the film, giving most of the jokes more breathing room and setup.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Parodied. Despite Dewey's amazing life and countless hit songs, his life only comes together when he writes his ultimate masterpiece and plays it at his lifetime achievement award ceremony. He dies three minutes after he's done.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: A naked roadie listening in on Dewey and his dad's conversation.
- The entire "Let's Duet" sequence.
- "I'm guilty as charged...'Guilty As Charged'..."
- "Don't you DARE write a song right now, Dewey!!!"
- Dewey and the band rap with The Beatles in India. The Beatles gradually turn on each other, then Dewey takes some LSD and imagines being in a Yellow Submarine-style animation.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Not only does every song on the soundtrack sound like a likely hit song from the era in which it was supposedly written, you're very likely to keep humming various motiffs for days after you've watched the movie.
- Ho Yay
Theo: You slept with me too! And I've had confused feelings about that for ten years now!
- That, and Theo glomping Dewey when reuniting the band.
- Jerkass Woobie: Yeah, Dewey is a selfish asshole but considering of what happened to him.
- Tear Jerker: It's a comedy, but realizing that Dewey passed away right after his final performance is really heartbreaking.
- But at least he was able to sing his masterpiece.