YMMV: Walk Hard
- Better on DVD: There's little question that American Cox: The Unbearably Long, Self-Indulgent Director's Cut is the superior version of the film, giving most of the jokes more breathing room and setup.
- That said, the commentary reviles that the filmmakers were a little wary of making Dewey as promiscuous as he was in that version, as it made him less sympathetic.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Parodied. Despite Dewey's amazing life and countless hit songs, his life only comes together when he writes his ultimate masterpiece and plays it at his lifetime achievement award ceremony. He dies three minutes after he's done.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: A naked roadie listening in on Dewey and his dad's conversation.
- The entire "Let's Duet" sequence.
- "I'm guilty as charged...'Guilty As Charged'..."
- "Don't you DARE write a song right now, Dewey!!!"
- Dewie's first night of withdrawal: he screams that he's freezing, and the nurse orders more blankets. Then he screams that he's on fire and the nurse orders fewer blankets. Then he screams that he's hot and cold at the same time. See where this is going...
- Dewey and the band rap with The Beatles in India. The Beatles gradually turn on each other, then Dewey takes some LSD and imagines being in a Yellow Submarine-style animation.
- Dewey finally kicking drugs, declaring that he'll no longer give into the temptations. Guess which boy band is waiting for him downstairs.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Not only does every song on the soundtrack sound like a likely hit song from the era in which it was supposedly written, you're very likely to keep humming various motiffs for days after you've watched the movie.
- Ho Yay
Theo: You slept with me too! And I've had confused feelings about that for ten years now!
- That, and Theo glomping Dewey when reuniting the band.
- Jerkass Woobie: Yeah, Dewey is a selfish asshole but considering of what happened to him.
- So Okay, It's Average: The fact that this movie came out in an era bloated by Seltzer and Friedberg's "Movie Movies" probably hurt it critically, but it was still only considered one of the "better" post-Naked Gun spoof movies.
- Tear Jerker: It's a comedy, but realizing that Dewey passed away right after his final performance is really heartbreaking.
- But at least he was able to sing his masterpiece.