YMMV: Uriah Heep
- Face of the Band: David Byron was this for a long time until his departure (precipitated by his alcohol problems) was forced by Ken Hensley. Now it's probably Mick Box.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: In their native UK (and America) they're essentially a cult band, but in Asia and mainland Europe (particularly Germany, entertainingly enough) they retain a strong following and continue to sell out arenas there.
- Harsher in Hindsight: "Stealin'" contains this lyric: "All that fightin', killin', wine and those women, gonna put me to an early grave." Two of the performers on that song did meet early graves: bassist Gary Thain OD'd on heroin at 27, and singer David Byron died of "alcohol-related complications" at 38.
- Nightmare Fuel: Both the British◊ and American◊ covers of their debut album. Abominog, too.
- Signature Song: "Easy Livin'"
- Vindicated by History: Their first album was met with poor reviews upon release, with one reviewer famously saying that she would kill herself if the band actually made it. The album is now considered a landmark in the history of rock and metal.