* AlternateCharacterInterpretation -- Flat-out encouraged by the writers. Every faction and character is, to some extent, open to interpretation. The GM sections of the rulebook even gives you advice for running [=NPCs=] as [[WhiteAndGreyMorality High Road]], [[GreyAndGrayMorality Middle Road]], and [[BlackAndGrayMorality Low Road]] types.
* BetterThanItSoundsTabletopGames: If David Cronenberg, Tim Powers, Christopher Nolan, Thomas Pynchon and the late Robert Anton Wilson met at a role-playing convention, that's what they would play.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny - In the corebook's description for Videomancers:
-->Paddy Orleans has [[StealthPun fetishized]] a number of shows, and he needs a lot of significant charges to fuel his habit of calling fictional characters to life for half-hour increments. Usually he does this for purposes of [[RuleThirtyFour bizarre sexual gratification]], but at least one guy who pissed him off is now in an asylum, convinced that Mr. Clean and the Pillsbury Doughboy are going to jump him again the next time he sleeps.
** One Bibliomancy spell transfers all the information about a person's life into a book; if there's too much info for the book to hold, the font size decreases until it fits. A Bibliomancer tried this on the Comte St. Germain, and the pages turned black. He was arrested whilst attempting to steal an electron microscope.
* HarsherInHindsight - Fly To Heaven from the sourcebook One Shots; a rip roaring adventure about plowing a passenger jet into Sears Tower [[spoiler: in order to ascend to the archetype of The Terrorist]] played better in 1998. Hopefully it is no longer considered TooSoon. Lampshaded in the second edition, which was released after 9/11.
* MemeticBadass: In the game, MemeticBadass people can be channeled to mimic their badassery through ritual magic.
* MemeticMutation: COSMIC BUM FIGHTS! (One of the possible adepts powers is fueled by alcohol and you can fight on a cosmic level.)
* NightmareFuel: The Freak is accompanied by the sound of rattling chains. [[spoiler: These chains are strung right through its torso. It ''pulls them out'' if it needs a charge on the go.]]