From the movie:
- He Really Can Act: Brad Pitt.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
James Cole: All I see are dead people.
- This quote:
- Also, when Brad Pitt, the psychotic future terrorist, rants about TV commercials in the asylum. "What are we then? We're CONSUMERS!"
- On that same note, it's not the last time Brad Pitt would lead an army of monkeys out to overthrow society.
- Narm Charm: The airport shooting of James Cole, anyone? Pretty narmy by all standards, but by the final time the scene is played, it's turned into a Tear Jerker.
From the show:
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Deacon the "psychopathic Han Solo", who was promoted to the main cast after season one.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: So far, the big three are Cole/Cassie, Cole/Ramse and Deacon/Cassie.
- Love It or Hate It: Yup. It has a sizeable Hate Dom (comprised of movie fans and Terry Gilliam himself) who despise everything about the show and actively wish it will fail. They will outright celebrate when they see a bad review.