YMMV: Throw Momma from the Train
- Angst? What Angst?: When Larry asks Owen at the end of the film how his mother is doing, Owen says almost shrugging, "Dead." However, he says it with some wistfulness, showing that he'd had time to reconcile.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Momma.
- Fridge Logic: As stated on the main page, the schemes of Larry's ex-wife Margaret seem doomed to fail for the simple fact that she doesn't seem to have any long term financial plans once the hype for the book she stole from him dies down and the film adaptation - which may not even succeed - runs its course. That's also assuming that Larry doesn't go after her and file a plagiarism lawsuit against her, which he could probably win very easily once it becomes apparent that Margaret herself is clearly no writer.
- Harsher in Hindsight: A good chunk of the film devoted to Owen's plot to kill Momma. A year after the movie was released, Anne Ramsey really did die.
- Oprah being a shill for a plagiarized book, after the A Million Little Pieces debacle.
- Ho Yay: Owen and Larry. The film isn't subtle about it.note
- Strawman Has a Point: Owen's right - the last sentence of Larry's book is cryptic.
- Tearjerker: Owen's coin collection.