- Anticlimax Boss: Jeffiroth, who turns out to be completely pathetic when his hair gets frozen. The Grand Master Fangirl could qualify as well: she gets defeated by FF.net's terms of service.
- And her own mother.
- Anvilicious: The point of the fic was to show off how to properly write a good fanfic, and parodying bad elements of fanfiction. But even with all of this in mind, an anvil about the Beta gets dropped. And Vexen is there to lampshade it.
"It eliminates bad elements of fan work and it's called a BETA?" Vexen rolled his eyes. "My, isn't THAT heavy-handed?"
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The tea party sequence, with Axel recording everything on tape.
- Growing the Beard - After the author decided to focus on the story rather than trolling the fanbase.
- Hilarious in Hindsight - Zexy-poo appears to be eight years old, to the horror of Xaldin, Vexen, and Lexaeus. Two years after the fic has concluded, Birth by Sleep releases and Ienzo is shown to be eight years old. The author herself draws attention to this in her updated author's notes.
- The protagonists' repeated angry yells of "Nobodies do not have hearts!!" turn into either this or tragic irony once you played Kingdom Hearts 3D...
- The Untwist - The Fangirl Behind The Man.
- Wangst - Zexy-poo's trademark.