YMMV: The X-Files: Fight the Future
- Awesome Music: And this is, fellow tropers, how you compose epic score for a movie. Mark Snow's expanding on the theme and the varying main titles sound divine.
- Fandom Berserk Button: For a while, calling this movie 'The X-Files: Fight the Future'! "Fight the Future" was originally a slogan, placed where a subtitle would go and thus mistaken for one. Some people could get really bent out of shape if you did this, but (1) it really did look like a subtitle, (2) the movie's gotta be called something, and (3) "I Want To Believe" really is the next movie's subtitle and it's in the same place in the logo as the words "Fight the Future" were on the first. By now, it's officially a subtitle; even The Powers That Be finally conceded.
- Narm: The immortal line "We will take that with which he cannot live without." Don't think about it too hard.
- One-Scene Wonder: Armin Mueller-Stahl's brief performance as Conrad Strughold, international head of the Syndicate, was well-received by fans. But the character never reappeared, nor was mentioned again.
- Shipping: The scene in Mulder's hallway is really intense, especially that Almost Kiss. So close! Damn you, you stupid bee!