YMMV: The Triplets of Belleville
- Animation Age Ghetto: Averted. It very obviously not for children, both in it's content and art style. Luckily, critics caught on and loved it.
- Award Snub: Subverted. It lost to Finding Nemo, which is by no means a slouch.
- Supposedly, Andrew Stanton felt so guilty that he nixed an early idea of using French cabaret music in WALL•E so as not to seem like a sore winner.
- Awesome Music: The main theme, "Belleville Rendez-Vous," was nominated for Best Song. It's about as far from typical Oscar Bait as you can imagine. Did I mention it's performed on bicycle wheels and vacuum cleaners?!
- Genius Bonus: In the beginning of the movie, when they're watching TV, there's an equation in the bottom of the screen. These are Einstein's Field Equations and represent the gravitational effects produced by a given mass.