- Hilarious in Hindsight: A fair haired, studious and all around good girl named Laurie is the Final Girl.
- Jerkass Woobie: Vance.
- Moral Event Horizon: Kent killing Joey by setting him on fire, something he takes obvious sadistic pleasure in doing.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Laurie killing Kent with the scissors occurs completely offscreen.
- Signature Scene: The nail gun murder.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Seemingly promiscuous women are violently murdered with extremely phallic makeshift weaponry. In order, they're drilled, hammered, screwed and nailed.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The original was a cash-in on the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, which Tobe Hooper, director of this film, also directed.
- Shocking Swerve: The killer turning out to be a somewhat poorly explained supernatural monstrosity.
- Squick: Nell finds a trinket in the wall filled with bloody teeth, which looked like they were wrenched out.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The film is very confused about what it wants to be.