- Awesome Music: Due to the level of musical skill required to pull off a good A Cappella performance, there are many contenders. One highlight from Season 3 is Afro-Blue's jazz reinterpretation of Estelle's "American Boy."
- Covered Up: Has been known to happen, especially when a good group performs a "Current Pop Hit" or "Guilty Pleasure" . For instance, after hearing North Shore's doo-wop take on Bruno Mars' "Lazy Song," it's tough to recall the original.
- Pretty much anything Pentatonix has done... seriously.
- Elimination Houdini: Vocal Point in third season, whose survival essentially amounted to pity because the baritone's father died just before filming.
- Funny Moments:
- Padding: Notable in weeks after the first few eliminations, when it seems like they show more material off-stage about the groups' preparations for their performances than the performances themselves.
- Seasonal Rot: There are accusations, inevitably that "groups in Season X are much weaker than groups in Season X-1."
- Shocking Elimination: While this is inevitable for fans of nearly any group, the fairly early elimination of North Shore from Season 3 caught even the reviewer for Rolling Stone magazine off-guard.