YMMV: The Secret
- Adaptation Displacement: Most people think of The Secret as a self-help book, not realizing that it was based on a film that Byrne had released eight months earlier (she was, after all, a TV producer before she became a self-help guru). A fairly mild case, though, as the reason the book was released in the first place was because the film was such a runaway success.
- Colbert Bump: Byrne's appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show almost singlehandedly turned The Secret into the phenomenon that it is now.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Snark Bait aside, the book's YouTube channel has a video showing the beauty of nature with beautiful music playing in the background. The video is highly uplifting.
- Fridge Logic: Glacier Logic more like.
- Older Than They Think: The Secret is basically a more secular version of prayer. The more secular version itself is also Older Than They Think since it's plagiarised directly from Wallace D. Wattles' distinctly non-scientific The Science of Getting Rich.