YMMV: The Middleman
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In the DVD liner notes, of all places, as the creator admits that his goal was to create a show that took place in a fantasy world far to the 'idealism' end of the sliding scale, in the hopes that the viewers would be inspired to move a little closer to that end themselves.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Kevin Sorbo plays a guy from the '60s with some jokes about his outdated parochial attitudes. Sorbo would later get in hot water for his offensive comments about the Ferguson riots, calling the town's black population "animals."
- Ho Yay: Between the Middleman and fake CSI tech Cecil Rodgers. Lampshaded by Wendy, of course
- Moral Event Horizon: In "The Doomsday Armageddon Apocalypse" Manservant Neville manages to become a Reality Warper, with the entire populace, excepting the Middleman and Wendy, under his Mind Control. To force them both to submit, he kills Tyler, sends out roving death squads, destroys the Middle Base and Ida, traps Noser in a giant crystal, and gives Lacey leukemia since he knows that is how MM's last true love died.
- Sending Stuff to Save the Show: Middleman fans sent ABC Family M&Ms chocolate candies, because right-side-up, they're MM for Middleman, and upside-down, they're WW for Wendy Watson.
- The Woobie: Ida calls Middleman '69 this when he gets his hand melted. It may be a coincidence, however