** While Li stakes out Ah Jong, Tsang Yeh, posing as a garbage man, gets chewed out by an old lady.
** After confronting Li inside Jennie's apartment, Ah Jong "leaves" to use the bathroom.
-->'''Ah Jong:''' ''(looks outside)'' Aiya, there's a big rat!
* HoYay: So very much with Ah Jong and just about every male member of the cast. But with Li in particular, who gets absolutely rhapsodic when describing Ah Jong to the other policemen. And then when they're sitting together by the riverside, Li says "[[DoesThisRemindYouOfAnything Sometimes I really want to do something, but can't.]]"
-->'''Li:''' He looks determined without being ruthless. There's something heroic about him. He doesn't look like a killer. He comes across so calm... acts like he has a dream... eyes full of passion.
* MemeticMutation: "Why don't you just shoot me dead?" Very common among Chinese-speaking country. Some netizens posted Chow's face with such subtitle when they are frustrated and going to give up.
* MoralEventHorizon: If you don't hate Wong Hoi already when he betrays Ah Jong, or when he [[spoiler:savagely beats Fung Sei]], you surely will when he [[spoiler:takes Jennie hostage after killing the priest trying to bring her out of the church]].
* NarmCharm: The MexicanStandoff at Jennie's apartment manages to be hilariously awkward yet nail bitingly tense.
* TearJerker: The ending. Everything about it.