YMMV: The Inside
- Acceptable Ethnic Targets: The wife of victim #5 in "Pre-Filer" thinks the FBI is targeting her neighbors:
Is this about that Muslim family? The Duwanis? Aziz Duwani?
- Also, this was a few years after 9/11, so it subverts the Too Soon aspect.
- Bodyguard Crush: Many fans argue that Danny has this towards Rebecca. It's not explicitly explained but it's hinted that he develops a crush on her as the series progresses.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Carter's arson simulation in "Point of Origin", with a backing track of people screaming. Danny finds it hilarious.
- Magnificent Bastard: Web, who's pulling the strings and is very probably as dark as the men he hunts.
- Mentor Ship: Web/Rebecca. He's very invested in her life, to the point where he armchair-solved her kidnapping case, waved through her failed Academy psych screening, and recruited her for his team only two years out of the Academy. He coaches her to use her trauma to solve cases, and praises her when she gets it right (which he never does for anyone else).
- Squick: Virtually everything related to the cases.
- It starts in the pilot, with the way the UnSub "de-gloves" the hands of his victims and rips their faces off.
- Paul digging up Pope's roses in "Thief of Hearts" and finding a fresh human heart. Why yes, you should take the title seriously.
- Special mention has to go to the UnSub in "Aiden" who rips fetuses out of women and replaces the babies with dolls (and please note, the spoiler tag is there for a reason).
- "Skin and Bone", which manages to be not only horrifyingly fat-phobic and a minefield of eating disorder-related trauma, but feature an UnSub who can only be described as "Fat Bastard meets Nightmare Fuel".