YMMV: The Five Star Stories
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Cross Mirage, a lowly recon mech that barely gets any fight scenes is quite popular for some reason, even getting a talking gun named after it in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
- Because Jhon pilots it? He himself seems to be a fan favourite.
- Freud Was Right: Check out the details on the Knight of Gold's swords.
- Jumping the Shark: The Chivalries arc is often reviled due to the introduction of many a Canon Sue, as well as the creation of a Continuity Snarl simply because Nagano wanted MOAR MECHA.
- Squick: If genderqueerness really bothers you this is not the manga for you. Also, a lot of things the less scrupulous Headdliners do with their Fatimas are definitely disgusting by anyone's standards. In fact, a lot of things about Fatimas are kind of disturbing, really. And let's not even get into the weirdness behind the circumstances of Doug Kaien's birth...
- If you think that Doug's birth is squicky, just look at Max... That is a well and truly Big Screwed-Up Family. Dr. Ballanche didn't even start it.