YMMV: The Eye
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Pretty much the entire soundtrack, containing some gorgeous emotional pieces alongside the brilliantly scary pieces, but a notable example is Mun's mournful violin solo, which plays during a montage of her temporarily becoming a recluse after seeing one too many ghosts.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In the third film: Dance battle with a possessed and ghost-stunning farts.
- First Installment Wins: The first film is widely considered to be superior to the sequels. Some people aren't even aware that the last two sequels exist.
- Paranoia Fuel: There are ghosts everywhere and most of us can't even see them. That elevator you're riding? There's a disfigured old man in the corner just waiting to sneak up on you. That calligraphy class you're taking? You're sitting in some chick's seat, and she isn't happy about it.
- Sequelitis: Many feel that The Eye 10 and The Child's Eye are inferior to the first two films. The second film wasn't as well-received, either, although it didn't fare as badly as the latter two sequels.
- Special Effect Failure: The obviously-CG purple tongue from the first film's café scene.
- The Woobie - Mun, Joey, Ling and Yuen.