- Funny Moments: Many, but Sukie Bapswent introducing Nirvana and their rendition of Panty Smile has to be a high point.
- Ho Yay: For the most part, Chris has a great deal of unwarranted respect for Alan and is perfectly happy to gloss over his mistakes and incompetence, so much so that he plants a big, wet kiss on Alan's lips in the final episode.
- On other occasions, however, he seems to take sadistic pleasure in bullying and psychologically tormenting him, thus making it unclear whether this is just him playing mind-games.
- Memetic Mutation: Some of the names of the racehorses at the delayed 6:30 from Marple: Two Headed Sex Beast, Zeinab Badawi's Twenty Hotels. The Bobby Davro Snooker Experience from On The Hour is the name of at least one band.
- Moment of Awesome: in the pilot, later reworked into episode 5, Morris single-handedly tricks Australia and Hong Kong into going to war simply so he could cover it, then offers a series of gritty reports on the horrors of war ('As I was eating my cornflakes this morning, a soldier's head flew past the window, shouting "Victory!"')
- Also, the Queen finally delivering her long-awaited punch to John Major.