YMMV: The Chosen
- Ho Yay: In the third chapter, Reuven is surprisingly happy to see Danny, who had almost blinded him just a few days earlier. In the fifth, he is looking up at the sky and thinks, randomly, that it's the same color as Danny's eyes. And that's before they become close.
- Iron Woobie: Danny. Reuven too, because being a friend of an Iron Woobie makes it contagious.
- Even Rebbe Saunders, in a weird way.
- Values Dissonance: Many would consider raising in silence to be abusive and, at the least, it is a strange way to teach compassion.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic? : This is Chaim Potok. There's always something symbolic.
- The Woobie: Daniel Saunders