Tropers Online: 5,083
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: The Chosen
- Ho Yay: In the third chapter, Reuven is surprisingly happy to see Danny, who had almost blinded him just a few days earlier. In the fifth, he is looking up at the sky and thinks, randomly, that it's the same color as Danny's eyes. And that's before they become close.
- Iron Woobie: Danny. Reuven too, because being a friend of an Iron Woobie makes it contagious.
- Even Rebbe Saunders, in a weird way.
- Values Dissonance: Many would consider raising in silence to be abusive and, at the least, it is a strange way to teach compassion.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic? : This is Chaim Potok. There's always something symbolic.
- The Woobie: Daniel Saunders