!! Terry Gilliam film
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: the Gingerbread Man. It climbs up out of a well, kidnaps a little girl, and jumps back down the well just as quickly as it appeared. If it didn't explicitly ''say'' that it was the Gingerbread Man, you'd probably never have known thanks to the [[NightmareFuel utterly horrific]] [[UncannyValley and disturbing]] way it's presented, and unlike most of the other fairy tale-based elements and characters, it never appears again.
* DudeNotFunny: The kitten.
* HilariousInHindsight: You are telling me that [[Series/GameOfThrones Cersei Lannister]] is menaced by an [[GodSaveUsFromTheQueen Evil Queen]] who is jealous of other women's youth and beauty?
* HoYay: Bro Yay between the titular characters, who often argue like an old married couple. Even Lampshaded by Cavaldi.
** "Maybe another kiss?"
* NauseaFuel: The scene with the spiderweb horse.
* NeverLiveItDown: In-verse, Jakob and magic beans.
* RetroactiveRecognition: You see Creator/LenaHeadey before playing ''Film/ThreeHundred'' and ''Series/GameOfThrones''.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Considering when the movie was made and the budget it had, some of the effects are unfortunately terrible.
* UncannyValley: What makes the gingerbread man so terrifying.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsForKids: The original stories have always been NightmareFuel specifically designed to scare the bajeezus out of any kid who hears them. The same thing here. Creator/TerryGilliam, however, has stated that he intended the film for children.