- Crazy Awesome: Calvin. When you give a young Mr. Imagination like him magical powers, you know things are going to be Crazy Awesome!
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Calvin spends an entire chapter antagonizing Percy in various ways. These include turning his hair into spaghetti, glaring at him, and threatening him with death for not saluting a wall.
Calvin: (in a letter address) To Miss Mafalda, Mr. Yaxley, and the Ungodly Abomination (AKA losers).
- Everything that happens to Umbridge. Everything.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Calvin and Hobbes are arguing about who would win in a fight: Batman (Hobbes' choice) or Spider-Man (Calvin's choice). Turns out Calvin was right.
- Moral Event Horizon: The Death Eater who killed Natalie was so callous about it that it counts (assuming he hadn't crossed it already).
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: It should be pretty clear to Galaxoid and Nebular that Calvin isn't the Supreme Potentiate of Planet Earth, but they never bring it up. Might be for the best, and it makes it more heartwarming if you're of the opinion that they know this and still want to help Calvin because he's a friend.