YMMV: The Beach
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The Moby song "Porcelain" fits perfectly with the atmosphere of the scene where Richard and his friends marvel at the beauty of the beach.
- Also All Saints "Pure Shores" which plays over Richard and Françoise's kiss.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: During the massacre near the end, Richard hissing. Like a cat.
- Double Standard: Francoise slaps Richard and calls him a pig after finding out he cheated on her and slept with Sal. Funny considering she did more or less the exact same thing by cheating on Étienne with Richard, and no one (not even Richard!) calls her out on her hypocrisy.
- Moral Event Horizon: The entire island community cross this when they decide to leave a severely injured Christo alone in the forest simply because he was becoming a burden on them and keeping them from having fun. Sal herself is ready to cross it again in the end when she is willing to kill Richard because the farmer says that is the only way to remain on the island.
- Squick: The food poisoning, tooth pulling, Christo's injury, the climax...
- Vindicated by History: Was largely panned due to the post Titanic Hatedom surrounding DiCaprio. Nowadays has a lot more fans.