YMMV: Superman: Earth One
- Awesome Art: The first two volumes were drawn by Shane Davis, and they look beautiful. Ardian Syaf also proved himself a worthy replacement for volume 3.
- Base Breaker: Clark Kent.
- Also endemic to the story itself, thanks to the Broken Base currently being experienced by the fandom. Clark's divisiveness is tied into the fan conflict over how "human" Superman should be, how sincere the Clark Kent identity is, his place as The Ace, and of course, accusations that he has to be dragged into saving the day instead of just being The Cape. Other issues between fans center around the change in the cause for Krypton's destruction (some hate the idea of it having an intergalactic conspiracy behind it as a Myth Arc), the occasional speechifying by characters, and from the fact that JMS is seen as a Scrappy Creator by several superfans (being the contested-author of Spider-Man's One More Day, and his abandoned runs on Superman with the Grounded story-arc and Wonder Woman reboot.)
- For fun, go to an online forum and argue about this comic being better or worse than Man of Steel or The New 52 Superman.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: If the reviews are anything to go by, it's Jim Olsen.
- Iron Woobie: Superman himself, considering the amount of things he has to endure in order to save the world.