* BrokenBase: The CGI reboot. Some enjoyed it but the rest of people who grew up watching the originals are wary about the graphics.
** The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfm0SEB6mw4 season one English ending]]. The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabpl_ssPWw season one Japanese opening is also great]].
** The [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGu3hxxt-WQ season two English opening.]]
* FanonDiscontinuity: Many people refuse to acknowledge the CGI reboot due to its 3D animation and different main characters.
* GatewaySeries: Many children who watched the originals along with Anime/FlyingHouse were introduced to know about Literature/TheBible. Others admit that Superbook is their first anime they watched.
* HarsherInHindsight: In season one Japanese ending credits, Chris, Joy and Gizmo never noticed that they left Ruffles behind. It gets worse in season two when they let Ruffles transported into the computer.
* LifeImitatesArt: In the case of character designer Akiko Shimomoto (also worked on TheLittlBits and other Tatsunoko productions), who, according to her Japanese Wikipedia bio entry, later converted to Christianity herself.
* NostalgiaFilter: Superbook is fondly remembered by many adults.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: A lot of fans of the original series dislike the changes in CGI reboot.
* ToyShip: Chris and Joy.