- Angst? What Angst?: Meela takes seeing Feral kill an old man pretty well, save for the Due to the Dead example below, and still following him wherever he goes.
- Fridge Horror: Vihki never found out that Yuen was attacked and became Feral, and Feral doesn't even remember her. Somewhere there's a poor lupian girl missing her beloved.
- Nightmare Fuel: Some of the particular moments of gore were quite disturbing for a comic so comedic. Meela killing Korin as a demonic wolf stands out.
- Unfortunate Names: Rollin, Meela's father. Several readers quickly began using his name to make references to "rollin' in the deep."
- Viewer Gender Confusion: In and out of universe. Kosher mistakes Meela for a boy when they first meet, and several readers commented about how they thought she was a boy until that point.
- What Could Have Been: Several characters, like Piper and Kosher, were meant to have a more involved role in the story and Meela and Feral were meant to have more adventures together to cement their relationship—more specifically, too, the old man Meela sees Feral kill was supposed to be a figure from her past. Unfortunately, this was all scrapped when the artists put the comic on the fast track to a resolution to move on to other things.
- The Woobie: Yuen. It's pretty tough to watch this kid have absolutely everything taken away from him, all the way until Mal mauls him and accidentally merges with his soul.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The author already planned that Damian would come into the story about five years after the canon formation of the Team, figuring that that would give her a lot of leeway as the show's timeline likely wouldn't get that far anytime soon. As it turns out, the second season started out with a five year Time Skip.
- The Woobie: Anybody would want to hug Tim as soon as his backstory comes into the light.
- Jason is one too, declaring himself a "good-for-nothing" who has Tim as the only thing he "has going for him".