* BadassDecay: Marginal case. Speedy was still Badass in the De Patie Freleng shorts, but his SuperSpeed wasn't ''completely'' impenetrable, having more moments he was overpowered, and in rare cases even [[ATasteOfDefeat lost altogether]]. To compensate, Speedy also became a more cerebral trickster, able to use wits to win as often as his speed.
* FairForItsDay: While he was somewhat stereotypical and depiction of other characters has aged poorly, Speedy himself was an intelligent, heroic minority character in an era ''infamous'' for racism. This is much of why MexicansLoveSpeedyGonzales.
* DesignatedHero: While Speedy had a ''much'' cleaner track record than the other "heckler" protagonists of the Looney Tunes series, there were still a handful he was nominally heroic. He is portrayed as a home wrecker in "Gonzales Tamales" for example, with Sylvester only seeking him out of mistaken claims by the other vengeful mice. Incidentally, subverted totally with "Moby Duck", which is essentially a remake of "WesternAnimation/CannedFeud" retooled to make the mouse character incredibly sympathetic.
* DorkAge: Speedy's bouts against WesternAnimation/DaffyDuck are often considered the lowest point of the original ''WesternAnimation/LooneyTunes'' series.
* GuiltyPleasure: They have some fans however. Almost nobody will defend ''See Ya Later, Gladiator'', though.
* MexicansLoveSpeedyGonzales: TropeNamer. His Mexican voice actors are actually really good at their jobs, and Speedy himself is a crafty little guy when you get right down to it; he actually holds up as a ''character'' beyond being a TokenMinority in the Looney Tunes ensemble.
* SavedByTheFans: What ultimately got his cartoons back on the air.
* TheWoobie: He's this in ''Moby Duck''. All he wanted was to nicely share the can food with Daffy, which was enough for both of them. Even when he gives the can opener to Daffy out of pity, the latter still refuses to share anything with him. LaserGuidedKarma strikes at the end however.
** A similar deal happens in "Well Worn Daffy" and "Snow Excuse", with Speedy already starting off pretty worn down and Daffy showing NoSympathy. It doesn't help that Daffy is much more formidable against Speedy than usual in these cases.
** Speedy himself [[LampshadedTrope lampshades]] this in "Daffy's Diner".
-->'''Speedy''': How do I get into things like this ? I never hurt anybody.