YMMV: Sinestro Corps War
- Complete Monster: Superboy-Prime continues to ratchet up his bodycount in this story, slaughtering fifty-five Green Lanterns, poisoning Sodam Yat with lead, and ultimately trying to kill every hero in the DC 'verse during the brawl, all while attempting to blame them for his actions.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: When Hal tells the citizens of Coast City to evacuate, because Sinestro and pals are about to blow it up and take it over again. And how do they respond? Every single one of them shines green lights out their windows to encourage our hero. Then there's the news broadcast later on to recap the epic heartwarming.
"And when every other metropolis under threat was evacuating, there wasn't a single car or a single person that left Coast City."
- Magnificent Bastard: Sinestro orchestrated the entire conflict to get the Green Lanterns to use lethal force and succeeded.
- Many people complained about the logic of Sinestro picking Parallax, Cyborg Superman, Superboy Prime, and Antimonitor as allies, but it makes a certain sense — each is individually powerful enough to be a threat, both to the enemy and to Sinestro, but they're bigger threats to each other than to him — Sinestro can effortlessly dominate Parallax, Superboy Prime and Antimonitor would eventually come to blows, and the Cyborg Superman works alongside the Manhunters, whom Sinestro's clearly compromised at some point.
- TearJerker: Quite a few, but one memorable one is the reaction of Hank Henshaw, once the Cyborg Superman and now a grieving madman obsessed with his own destruction, when it looks like he's about to die:
Henshaw:"Will this kill me?"John Stewart:"... Yes."Henshaw:"Thank you."
- And then later when his shattered robotic skull is reclaimed by the Manhunters and brought back to 'life', all he can do is silently weep.