- Awesome Music: Lots of it. Infidel Art, Ghastly Funeral Theatre, Hail Horror Hail, Scenario IV, Imaginary Sonicscape, Hangman's Hymn, and In Somniphobia are particularly recommended, but you basically can't go wrong with any of their core discography.
- Ear Worm: A huge amount of their material, actually, especially on Imaginary Sonicscape and Hangman's Hymn. Sigh are probably one of the catchiest Avant-Garde Metal or Black Metal bands.
- Face of the Band: Mirai or Mikannabal.
- Genius Bonus: The Chopin snippet in "Requiem - Nostalgia" qualifies. The excerpts from Mozart's Requiem in D Minor on Hangman's Hymn do as well.
- Magnum Opus: Generally acknowledged to be Imaginary Sonicscape, though Scorn Defeat is also cited as such by many purist Black Metal fans.
- Memetic Mutation: "Metal is something cool", which is basically their reaction to Visual Kei. They never explicitly loathe the scene, however.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: A listener could be excused for thinking Dr. Mikannibal's shrieks were performed by a man. They're actually lower-pitched than Mirai's a lot of the time!