* AwesomeMusic: The 5 songs from the sequel's fictional band, Trip Cyclone.
* NightmareFuel: The entire game - surprisingly effective for a point-and-click adventure rather than more traditional action-oriented SurvivalHorror. The realisation of what you're about to find in the hollow lion [[spoiler:(it's Merrick's body)]] as you stand directly in front of it reading the final diary entry is a good example; as is the music, particularly the track which incorporates a woman's anguished screams and her repeated cries of "Help me!" into the score.
** The sequel is just as scary, if not worse. Instead of a museum, you're in an abandoned ''town'', with the only other person in the area being Darkcloud, the game's main antagonist.
* NightmareRetardant: For such an atmospheric game, the Ixupi themselves look laughable, like straight out of a children's cartoon.
* RetroactiveRecognition: [=YouTuber=] and former Sierra employee [[https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEFymXY4eFCo_AchSpxwyrg MetalJesusRocks]] appears in the sequel as one of the band members of Trip Cyclone.
* TearJerker: The story behind [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e_uIgzxqIs Anansi The Spider]]. Windlenot was so enamored with the tune when he first heard it, that he decided to make the music box for his son Geoffrey.
--> "Alas, I never gave it to him."