- Crowning Moment of Funny: Every conversation with your Seamen has the potential to be this.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Seaman's final monologue.
You know, you're alright. I know we've had our differences occasionally, but I like you. You took care of me all this time and well, I'm...grateful. Very grateful.
- Nightmare Fuel: Seaman is a game about nature, and nature isn't always pretty. Such is the case with the Seamen's first evolutionary stage after hatching: the Mushroomer. A nearby Nautilus squid will eat the Mushroomers, then after some time, will begin to twitch slightly, then start shooting out ink with regularity. Eventually, after it emerges from its shell, the ink it shoots will become a distinct red-ish hue as it writhes in agony before the Seamen, now in their child-like Gillman form, pop out of the squid like fishy chest-bursters.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd was terrified by this. And by the Seamen themselves.
- Older Than They Think: The Seamen may look like they were made on drugs but the design of the Seamen are strikingly similar to the aquarium scenes in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.
- Uncanny Valley: Between its early attempt at realistic graphics and the ever-looming fact that you are having conversations with a fish-bodied man...
- The Woobie: That poor nautilus...