* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Isabel is more strong-willed than most portrayals, taking part in archery, telling Scrooge in plain terms how she feels he feels, and using a visual metaphor to emphasize it. Scrooge also ''does'' start to go after her, but by then it's too late.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: The hearse on the stairs, already a random event in the book, is made even more of this when the driver wishes Scrooge a Merry Christmas.
** "Thank You Very Much," which became so popular it eclipsed the movie.
** "December the 25th".
* HilariousInHindsight: This wouldn't be the last time that Creator/AlecGuinness [[Franchise/StarWars played a ghost who returned to advise someone]], albeit a more benevolent version than the one in this film.
* MomentOfAwesome: Marley's ghost magically moves a chair over so he can sit down, but instead sits on empty air.
* NarmCharm: All of Creator/AlbertFinney's attempts to sing as an old man.
* NightmareRetardant: The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come's Grim Reaper form is ridiculously fake looking, especially when Scrooge falls through the grave and you see it just... standing there.
* PainfulRhyme: The Ghost of Christmas Present opens "I Like Life" with one.
-->"Ebenezer Scrooge / The sins of man are huge!"