YMMV: Roy Orbison
- Covered Up: Linda Ronstadt's version of "Blue Bayou".
- Ear Worm: "Oh, Pretty Woman"
- Epic Riff: "Oh, Pretty Woman"
- First and Foremost: "Only The Lonely", "Crying", "Oh, Pretty Woman"
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Roy was always popular somewhere. Britain and Australia never stopped loving him, and in 1980, he got a big surprise when he went to Bulgaria and was mobbed like it was the early '60s.
- Harsher in Hindsight: "Claudette" is one of the minority of Orbison's songs with a happy ending, referencing how "I'm gonna be so happy for the rest of my life, when my brand-new baby is my brand-new wife." Sweet — until one recalls that the titular Claudette, Orbison's first wife, died in a motorcycle accident. He would live another 22 less than perfectly happy years.
- Moment of Awesome: Upstaging The Beatles on a UK tour in 1963.
- Leaving an audience in awed silence with a cover of "Indian Love Call."
- The Woobie: Holy crap, his life...