- Awesome Music
- Ear Worm: Learn to play them!
- "Black Magic", "R U Mine?", "Cherub Rock", to not even mention Guitarcade tunes.
- Even Better Sequel: Rocksmith 2014 edition is such an improvement that it makes the original completely obsolete. Ubisoft even describes it as a replacement rather than a sequel. It ditches any sort of campaign mode in favor of focusing entirely on teaching how to play, makes the interface bearable, and is available on next-gen platforms. All the songs including DLC can be imported into Rocksmith 2014 (with a few exceptions) so there really is no good reason to ever play the original more than once.
- Polished Port: The PC Version, as well as copies of the game with the bass expansion available right from the start without having to download it. Not to mention that the PC version and ALL DLC goes on sale regularly. Ubisoft gives no real reason why the console DLC does not. And of course the DLC isn't cross-compatible.
- Porting Disaster: ...assuming of course that the game runs without any problems. The PC version, being ported from the consoles, is known to have a lot of incompatibilities that makes it unplayable for a number of people.
- Scrappy Mechanic: The Riff Repeater and double encores.
- Which is why the Riff Repeater got a major overhaul in Rocksmith 2014 and double encores were completely dropped.