Tropers Online: 4,887
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Richard Thompson
- Covered Up: At least in the U.S., Jo-El Sonnier's version of "Tear Stained Letter" is far better known than Thompson's original.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Shoot Out The Lights.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Thompson's music has been more successful in the U.S. than his native England, especially since Shoot Out The Lights. Thompson even moved across The Pond in The Eighties.
- Ho Yay: Thompson doesn't bother to flip the gender when playing "I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight," so he's asking a guy to take him to a dance and hold him tight.
- Nightmare Fuel: Psycho Street. Enough said right there.
- Tear Jerker: Lots of depressing songs. "The End of the Rainbow" stands out for its bleakness, even by Richard Thompson standards.