* CrazyAwesome: In one fan art, the reason why the Soviets do not use airplane bombs for their honey deliveries (ItMakesSenseInContext) is explained: a War Bear ''jumped at the [=MiG=] Fighter about to drop the bomb, clawed it in half and upon landing ate all the honey''.
* DarknessInducedAudienceApathy: The cynicism in the setting and the fact that WordOfGod says the endings will not be particularly uplifting to feel like this.
** That said, WordOfGod also states that the goal of the entries for units and the like is to make this an AvertedTrope, for the most part. While they do allow a few pages to be pure NightmareFuel, they want most of the darker stuff to be PlayedForLaughs as [[BlackComedy Dark Humor]], "[[CrossesTheLineTwice Even if it's so dark]] [[UpToEleven that light cannot escape it's surface]]"
* LesYay: The Talon have two female background characters in a ''"more than professional relationship"'' with each other.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: Some of the fandom's reaction to the Talon revamp.
* NightmareFuel: A persistent bug has been reported where the corpses of killed AI units will ''[[TheUndead drag themselves along the ground after player units]].''
** The setting itself, behind the saccharine window dressing, is terrifying. Forget the progress of the Allies, forget the comical villany of the Soviets, forget the anime-esque stylings of the Empire. The Allies have chosen to sacrifice the people for the good of all. The Soviets are corrupted, maybe beyond saving. The Empire is filled with mad psychics. Not to mention the terrors of the other new factions in the setting. The silly writing and setting are now a thin veneer of mania hiding terror, war, and poverty.
** The Protectorate's backstory turns the setting into a [[CosmicHorrorStory rather Lovecratian affair]]; [[EldritchAbomination The Icon]] is a truly terrifying concept.
* TearJerker: The fact that the mod itself, after years of time and effort, could never be released.