Tropers Online: 5,141
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Racket Girls
- Crowning Music Of Funny: The "Ukranian" "national anthem" sung to the sudden outbreak of music at the end of the film:
- Ethnic Scrappy: Personified by the male lead's weak willed Latin assisstant.
- Mexican-born Rita Martinez lost her accent as a child - and had to fake one for the role.
- Fetish Fuel :Women wrestling. This was a one-handed movie for many men in 1953. Russ Meyer hadn't made the scene yet.
- Padding: You will hate wrestling after you see the painfully long and boring visions of it in this movie.
- What an Idiot: Scalli isn't the sharpest tool in the box. For example, he gets a hot tip about a fixed longshot, and he passes on it, mumbling some bullshit about its ironic nickname.