YMMV: Ovide and the Gang
- Ear Worm: Any Dutch person over the age of 26 will instantly recognize the theme tune.
- Not just Dutch people; through repeated views on both Irish and English TV, the opening and closing theme became increasingly familiar and hummable to people living on those shores.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The show was/is huge in the Netherlands. Mostly because of the massively Woolseyed theme song.
- Nightmare Fuel: The closing credits. Everyone's relaxing and going along with their lives, and then suddenly there's a big freaking volcano which causes tremors and has everyone suddenly racing for their lives! Somehow after this it's back to usual antics, but after that a couple of mosquitoes fly into Cy's cabin and bite into his neck, sucking some blood while he happily slumbers. The very next scene shows a lone coffin in some deep cave somewhere...
- To put that last part into context, that was from an episode where Cy was bitten by those mosquitoes and, waking up to see his bite marks, was convinced that he was now a vampire and the successor to Dracula. That coffin was where he was sleeping voluntarily. Still really creepy if you didn't see the episode, though.