- Covered Up: Their cover of "Fuck You" is far more famous than the original.
- Ear Worm: "Hello! (HELLO!) Hello from the gutter!"
- "We don't care what you say, FUCK YOU!"
- Love It or Hate It: People either think the band is an awesome Thrash Metal group with a unique vocalist, or they think they're a Metallica wannabe with Mickey Mouse on vocals.
- Signature Song: "Rotten to the Core", "Elimination", "Hello from the Gutter", and "Fuck You".
- Mondegreen: A lot of hungry people must have listened to, "Elimination" because all of lyrics are misheard as food related, for example:
"A lemon nation, a lemon nation" is actually "Elimination, elimination""Potatoes, so why not, lunch is free" is actually "Contagious, so why not, not just me""A lemon ate the right, a lemon ate the wrong" is actually "Eliminate the right,eliminate the wrong"
- There is a line in "All Over But The Shouting" that can be misheard as "I don't know! I don't know! Fight!!". It is really "animal, animal, five".
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: How some fans felt about the album "I Hear Black" and everything up to "Immortalis"
- Tough Act to Follow: The Electric Age averts this. The general concensus is that it's not as good as Ironbound before it, but it's still very awesome.
- Win Back the Crowd: Ironbound won them back a lot of fans who had given up on them after a long string of polarizing albums.