YMMV: Out Cold
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The film has a number of scenes which do nothing to advance the plot, and serve no purpose other than getting laughs.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: In case there was any doubt that snowboarding is awesome, Rick Rambis shredding the mountain black diamonds want to be when they grow up as "Anytime" by Eve 6 plays should drive the point home.
- Cult Classic: This film has a small, but dedicated fan base who consider it to be one of the best comedies of 2001.
- Ear Worm: Every time this troper watches this movie he has "Island In The Sun" by Weezer stuck in his head for a few days.
- Also, "Anytime" by Eve 6, which was only released on the soundtrack for this film.
- Fridge Logic: How does Barry pilot a plane when he has no use of his legs? He can't work the rudder pedals, which also steer the nosewheel on the ground and control the wheelbrakes. Presumably he could have had something customized if he had the money to spend on it, which he might have, seeing as he's a doctor.
- Retroactive Recognition: Playing Lance and Stumpy, respectively, are David Denman and David Koechner, who would go on to be better known, respectively, as Roy Anderson and Todd Packer from The Office.
- And, of course, Luke is played by Zach Galifianakis, who would later become very famous after starring in The Hangover.
- X Meets Y: Casablanca meets Caddyshack on the ski slopes.