YMMV: Notting Hill
- Fridge Logic: Did William really expect a modern actress to have worked with Leonardo DaVinci, given that the latter has been dead for over 400 years?
- The whole point of the joke was that he somehow didn't know this.
- Why wasn't William's mother at his sister's birthday party?
- Funny Background Event: When William spills orange juice on Anna's shirt on the street, there's a big bald man in the background wearing sunglasses and a fur coat leading a little girl in a blue pinafore by the hand.
- Retroactive Recognition: So, the child actress William interviews in the movie will grow up to be Marissa Cooper...
- Wheelchair Woobie: Subverted. How Bella got into the wheelchair is a sad story and you feel especially bad for her once you learn she and her husband can't conceive, but she's perfectly self-assured and one of the movie's strongest females.
- Tear Jerker: The song that bookends the movie - ''She'', sung here by Elvis Costello.
- She who always seemed so happy in a crowd, whose eyes can be so private and so proud, no one's allowed to see them when they cry....