YMMV: Neon Genesis Evangelion R
- Creator's Pet: A few reviewers have commented that Lyn seems like an even more pathetic version of Shinji. While this might not be entirely fair as he has a few traits that set him apart, Lyn is a little too similar to Shinji for his own good, making him among the dullest characters. In spite of that, a great deal of the story is spent on him.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: You wouldn't expect this in a fanfic of all things but The Human Complement is simply straight-up awesome. Some of the other tunes aren't half bad either.
- Les Yay: Played with a bit more in Maya and Ritsuko's case, though it's still strictly chaste. But boy does Maya look up to Ritsuko.
- Magnificent Bastard: Gendo gets a full upgrade to this from Manipulative Bastard in Neon Genesis Evangelion R , outmaneuvering Seele for most of the storyline and delaying The End of the World as We Know It for at least a few months.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: This was one of the first big Evangelion fics, which is probably why it got so much attention (including from some of the American voice actors). But compared to stories like RE-TAKE, Shinji And Warhammer 40 K, Once More with Feeling, Nobody Dies, Thousand Shinji, The Second Try, Last Child of Krypton or Advice And Trust, Eva-R looks rather average.
- True Art Is Angsty: Possibly a major factor in Lyn's very existence.
- Wangst: It's Eva. What do you expect?
- The Woobie: Shinji. And Asuka. But Lyn and Aoi take the cake for this, or at least try to.