YMMV: Neon Genesis Evangelion R
- Creator's Pet: A few reviewers have commented that Lyn seems like an even more pathetic version of Shinji. While this might not be entirely fair as he has a few traits that set him apart, Lyn is a little too similar to Shinji for his own good, making him among the dullest characters. In spite of that, a great deal of the story is spent on him.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: You wouldn't expect this in a fanfic of all things but The Human Complement is simply straight-up awesome. Some of the other tunes aren't half bad either.
- Les Yay: Played with a bit more in Maya and Ritsuko's case, though it's still strictly chaste. But boy does Maya look up to Ritsuko.
- Magnificent Bastard: Gendo gets a full upgrade to this from Manipulative Bastard in Evangelion R , outmaneuvering Seele for most of the storyline and delaying The End of the World as We Know It for at least a few months.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: This was one of the first big Evangelion fics, which is probably why it got so much attention (including from some of the American voice actors). But compared to stories like RE-TAKE, Shinji And Warhammer 40 K, and Nobody Dies, Eva-R looks rather mediocre.
- Tear Jerker: Quite a few, though nowhere near as many as the original series. Aoi's a big target for these, in particular her death scene in Prime.
- True Art Is Angsty: Possibly a major factor in Lyn's very existence.
- Wangst: It's Eva. What do you expect?
- The Woobie: Shinji. And Asuka. But Lyn and Aoi take the cake for this, or at least try to.