- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Just after the opening mission, an animation sequence occurs that looks rather like a trailer for the game, within the game. In it, Simon wakes up on the battlefield, with Shadowhand, and proceeds to encounter both the barbed-wire monster and several other monsters. When Simon wakes up in the next mission, he lacks Shadowhand and has never seen any of the monsters before.
- Crazy Awesome: Using a giant walking tank to destroy an even BIGGER scorpion-looking tank in a fully destructable Stone Henge-esque arena
- Pretty much this entire game; mix World War One, Zombies, Vampires, Giant walking tanks, and a mechanical gauntlet that has 3 retractable blades and can throw fireballs.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: "Simon says: Kiss my human ass!"
- "This mailman is gonna kick some ass" said after reading a dead soldier's letter to his wife, after Simon had previously declared to the (at the time living) soldier that wasn't going to take the letter.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "Kill the biggest basterd in the universe and get out of Hell once in for all" as a mission objective
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The song to the final battle with Mephisto 
- Coincides with Ominous Latin Chanting