YMMV: Mouth to Mouth
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The choreographies.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Most of the very eclectic soundtrack.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Tiger is Major Hellstrom.
- Misaimed Fandom: This film has inspired some to adopt a freegan diet and a lifestyle of trainhopping, hitchhiking and voluntary homelessness. The director, on the other hand, doesn't think much of these lifestyle choices:
Alison Murray: "I think I've been disillusioned with alternative lifestyles, whatever that means, for the past 20 years. When I was a teenager I had been into an alternative lifestyle and its politics, but now I see a bunch of self-righteous people who think they are making a difference by making small changes in their lives, changes that have no impact on the world at large."
- Moral Event Horizon: Harry unjustly accuses Sherry of coercing him into having sex with her, and as punishment puts her in a well for a whole night.
- Letting the asthmatic Nancy die down the well.
- Squick: Harry is depicted as having a very aggressive sexuality about him, especially in the party dance scene. That his sexuality is only explicitly directed towards three very young girls, probably none of them above eighteen, and one of them looks much younger than her age, creates an off-putting effect.
- Stoic Woobie: When Harry takes Sherry out of the well, her only response is a smug "I'm fine".
- Tear Jerker: Manson's death, even though he didn't have a single line.
- What an Idiot: Who the hell blindly throws a kid in a dumpster?
- MIND YOUR INHALER, NANCY.