* CrossesTheLineTwice: Everything and anything Mr. Wonderful, the homicidal, psychopathic, cannibalistic, sadistic, masochistic elf does.
* FridgeBrilliance: The Epilogue. [[spoiler: Jim and everyone else are deleted, but keep being placed into situations that don't feel right. Deleted data isn't actually destroyed forever; if you know what you're doing, you can get it back.]]
* HilariousInHindsight: The superhuman celestial warriors that [[spoiler: are the player characters in the release build of the game]] are nearly dead ringers for [[TabletopGame/WarhammerAgeOfSigmar Stormcast Eternals]], who were introduced years after the book came out. Bonus points for [[spoiler: the reviewer in the end complaining that the humans you played as in earlier versions were more relatable, a common criticism of same.]]
* SpiritualLicensee: In a rather broad sense, it's a pretty good novelization of [[spoiler: VideoGame/StarOceanTillTheEndOfTime]].
** Any scene involving Jim getting repaired by Meryl. Not even the fact that he only interprets the pain rather than feeling it helps much.
--->Mr. Wonderful froze, smiling thinly. Then in two sudden movements he slapped his hand on the desktop and cleanly severed it at the wrist.
** Later in the same scene, [[spoiler:he dies, respawns at the next chapel and comes back to eat his old body.]]
* TheWoobie: Jim. All he really wants is to die in peace, but once it's granted to him, it's too late to give him any peace at all.